Sunday 17 August 2008

Edinburgh Festival

Last weekend we took a trip to Edinburgh, where Eliza was playing the MCPS-PRS New Music tent on Festival Sunday.

We stopped on the way at The Crosby Lodge, in Higher Crosby, near the border. We arrived with time to take an afternoon walk in the pretty (and wet) countryside.



The hotel was nice enough, but the restaurant was fantastic. In the morning I had the best full english I've ever had. Here's Eliza at breakfast being an english lady.


Then we were up to Edinburgh, where Eliza played her gig.


Then we had a night out in Edinburgh with my pal Simon and his new girlfriend, Mardi.

 
[We stayed at the Malmaison in Edinburgh. We won't again. The staff were surly, the TV didn't work (lightning apparently). We opened the CD they leave in the room, only to find the CD player didn't work either. I then had to ask them twice not to charge me for the CD, which we left in the room, and they grudgingly didn't.]

No comments: